Back to Blog
In the following description we’ll come to know about the Natural Rubber Sheet followed by the Viton & Silicone Rubber Sheet. We’ll also get to know about the applications and the features. The rubber sheet which generates outstanding properties such as very high tensile strength and good resistance to tear is known as the Natural Rubber Sheet.
This sheet usually has a very smooth surface finish but there are also options of customizing the sheets on either one side of the sheet or both sides of the sheets with a proper fabric finish. They exhibit outstanding or brilliant features. They are as follows:
• These sheets are resistant to any kind of impacts or abrasions.
• These rubber sheets have a very good smooth surface finish to avoid the slippage.
• These sheets are made with the help of a special NR compound so they are always flexible and durable.
• These sheets provide cent percent resistance to chemicals like salts, alkalis & acids.
Customization of these sheets can also be done and with so many outstanding features, the natural rubber sheet is being preferred by the people from all across the world. Customization include the fabrication of more than two colors and yes, the colors are different!
However these sheets have one simple disadvantage and that is they are not preferred anywhere near the sectors that include the encountering of oils and hydrocarbons.
What Actually Is The FKM Compound & What Are Its Applications?
A family of fluroelastomer materials which is produced by a certain chemical known as the Daikin chemical compound is known as the FKM compound. The insertion of the FKM compound provide the Viton Rubber Sheets with more heat and exhibit brilliant resistance to chemicals like acids or alkalis.
The Applications Of The Viton Rubber Sheets Are As Follows:
• Processing of the chemicals and petroleum refining.
• Analysis of the process instruments: cylindrical fittings, gaskets and many more.
• Manufacturing of the semi conductors.
• Used in food and pharmaceutical.
• Used in mechanical, seal, pumps, reactors, compressor housings, and the list goes on.
• Even used in Aviation and air space.
So, FKM Is Important & So Are The Viton Rubber Sheets?
Yes, of course! The Viton Rubber Sheet which is black in color and display one of the best resistance to chemicals like acids and alkalis and oils. The special FKM compound makes it very much possible and that is why the Viton Rubber Sheet is also known as the FKM Rubber Sheet. This sheet gives perfect resistance to hydrocarbons and remains stable when exposed to harmful effects of the Ultra Violet radiations.
It also remains unaffected to weathering and best suited for the critical temperature. This sheet is best used for temperature sealing, corrosion and protection applications.
Some Of The Applications Of The Viton Rubber Sheet Are As Follows:
• It is used in flange gaskets on pipes and tanks.
• It is used in the lining of the pipes and tanks.
• It is used near the transfer and joining of the sleeves.
• It is used for chemical proof flashing.
• It is used near isolation barriers.
Apart from the natural and the Viton Rubber Sheet, there are other sheets as well which also posses the same features and have very good resistance when they are exposed to the harmful UV rays.
But this sheet does stand out from other brands for one unique reason and that is they are non toxic, inert and flexible. It is known as the Silicone Rubber Sheet which also has the light weight properties inheriting due to the utility of the high grade silicone polymer. This sheet is non conductive in nature and has very good di electric strength making it suitable for electrical and electronic insulating and isolating applications.